Farmers Information and Technology Services
Farmers Information and Technology Services or Techno Pinoy is an information and technology delivery service facility which is aimed at improving access of farmers, traders, processors, entrepreneurs and other stakeholders to information and technologies in agriculture and natural resources.
As provider of information service, FITS provides IEC materials in different formats such as print (primer, comics, leaflets and bulletins), audio-visual, broadcast, and e-based media. A pool of experts in Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) may be tapped to render appropriate services and to package information and technology services for its clients.
As provider of technology service , FITS responds to client needs in terms of technology clinic, training, caravans, sale of planting materials, linkaging and enterprise development. A dynamic feedback mechanism is instituded wherein FITS/Techno Pinoy, in partnership with other service providers, constantly seeks to finetune and match its information and technology services according to the clients' needs and preferences. It carefully considers and evaluates feedback from clients and immediately relays the information to concerned service providers.
Moreover, FITS centers serves as one-stop information shop of agriculture, forestry and natural resources catering to the needs of farmers, entrepreneurs, traders, processors and other stakeholders.
Services of FITS
- provision of technology information in print, audio/video tapes and databases formats
- access to global information through ICT
- exhibits of new technologies, products and services
- production and dissemination of information, education and communication (IEC) materials
- technology clinic
- technology training
- technical advisory and consultancy
- linking the clients to the accredited nursery orchards and to agricultural experts
- pest clinic information services
- production and post-production information services
- Establish centers closest to the farmers, processors, traders and entrepreneurs.
- Define products and services of every center with respective clients to maintain their relevance.
- Build the capacity of the centers to sustain the delivery of products and services through linkaging, training, cross-visits and hands-on management of the program.
- Network with research centers to create a broad database of information and technology.
- Use information technology, such as the Intra and Internet, for fast access and delivery of services.
- Form partnership with other resource centers to enhance available services.
- Conduct information campaign to build the clients' awareness and positive attitude, encourage their sustained use of the centers' resources, and increase their knowledge on technoliges related to agriculture, forestry and natural resources.
RESOURCE CENTERS/SERVICE PROVIDERS
- Research and development institutions
- Development and service organizations
- Information networks
- Policy-making bodies