Consortium conducts consultation meeting with PSU PMA team leaders and FITS Centers staff
In preparation for the institutionalization of FITS Centers to DA-ATI, the consortium initiated by the Regional Techno-Transfer Coordinator Mr. Leonardo T. Pascua conducted a consultation meeting with the 22 FITS Centers staff of PSU and PMA team leaders headed by Dr. Leticia San Gabriel. The meeting was held at the conference room of PSU Admin Building (Annex), Sta. Maria Campus, Pangasinan last May 27, 2013. Special guest of the meeting was the ATI Regional Director Mr. Rogelio Evangelista and staff. PMA Team Leaders Dr. Leticia San Gabriel and Ms. Benica Briones led the meeting. Campus Executive Director Prof. Simeon Cabansag expressed his welcomed remarks to the participants of the meeting as well as the presence of ATI and ILARRDEC delegates. Meanwhile, Mr. Pascua explained the rationale of the meeting. He stressed that whatever issues and experiences to be uncovered will just leave it in the room. He also encouraged the FITS managers to take it as lessons to whatever experiences they had during the past TGP activities. Mr. Evangelista also gave important message to the participants. He also explained the direction of ATI when the FITS will finally take over to them. After the opening program, an open forum was done mediated by Ms. Maricel Dacapias of ATI. Issues and concerns among the FITS Centers re: budgetary expenses and TGP related problems were tackled. The following are the issues and concerns raised by the FITS staff during the open forum:
- Techno-Pinoy FITS Center to be established to other municipalities of Pangasinan
- TGP related IEC’s for funding to be produced from the FITS should be related to organic agriculture
- FITS staff wanted to know the remaining funds available downloaded for them
- The accountant of PSU has already retired but the audited financial report will be retrieved.
- PSU must show the detailed budgetary breakdown of funds for the FITS Centers
- The unexpended budget of FITS Centers until June 2013 will be returned to PCAARRD
- Before the FITS Centers will finally take over the ATI, their budget should be in zero balance. ATI is not accountable to financial problems of FITS
- PSU is requiring the FITS Centers to submit a lists of TGP related activities charged to their funds for verification
- PSU identified FITS Alcala, Sto. Tomas, and Malasiqui who has still remaining budget for them
- FITS Centers are requested to make a request letter address to PSU president re: audited financial report for their reference.
- ILARRDEC is also requested to file another request letter to PSU president for a copy of the audited financial reports of their FITS Centers.
- FITS Centers are no longer interested with their unexpended budget (if any) instead move on and learned from their past TGP experiences.
- Equipments issued to the Magsasaka Siyentista of the FITS Centers should be retrieved and turn over to LGU as the end user.
- Direction of ATI as the new leading coordinator of TGP